Friday, March 5, 2010

Why blog?

For years I’ve resisted the blogging fad. It seemed so, well, narcissistic and the world doesn't need much more of that. Why should anyone else want to read my rants?

But, lately, I’ve come to believe that a thoughtful & intelligent person, such as myself, might have insights or perspectives that were worth recording. Perhaps, setting down some of these musings and coming back to them later would help in developing a longer-term and sounder philosophy. If others chose to glance at them, that is all right too.

So, I (and you too, dear reader) set out on this journey. Where it will take us no one knows. Let’s hope it’s someplace good.

We're bound to make many stops along the way -- life, politics, sailing, genealogy, etc., etc. Road trip, Yay!
-rt_/)

No comments:

Post a Comment